Multi-fam.aarhus: association center for multicultural families
The Agenda for the First Meeting of Association Center of multifam.aarhus
Date: 27. 08.2020
Time: 17:30- 20:00
Place: DOKK1 ( meeting front of the stairs and will be holding a banner at the front.)
The agenda for the first meeting will be divided into two parts concerning: (a) the discussion of the basic ideas concerning the setting up of the Association, its objectives etc. And (b) the formal part of the General Meeting for approving the constitution, electing the Committee to be in charge until the next Annual General Meeting, approving the budget, and fixing the subscription and annual fees.
1. 18:00 Welcoming and presentation of the Chairman, Secretary and treasurer of the Temporary Committee.
2. 18: 05 Purpose of the meeting. Aims and potential of the Association.
3. 18:10 Explanation of links that have already been made with the Temporary Committee and Aarhus Municipality and outline of future co-operation.
4. 18:20 General discussion of the constitution.
5. 18:30 Discussion of financial matters.
After the discussion, by show of hands, all the Guides present will indicate their desire to form and join the Association, so that the first general meeting can start. We are going to make sure that all the Guides present are qualified and meet the requirements of the future constitution.
1. 18:40 Approval of Constitution. Reading of the Constitution article by article, and once approved it by all present participants of meeting will be signed at the end by all those present.
2.1 18:50 Election of the first Committee
2.2 Election of the President and other positions within the Committee. Explanation for whom don’t know the rules: This can be done in one of two ways. The members elect the President, then the treasurer, secretary and councillors (usually 2-4) or elect 5 to 7 members in the committee, and they in turn can decide among themselves who will be president, secretary and treasurer during their first committee meeting.)
3. 19: 10 Budget and Fees. Amount, allowing for legal proceedings, committee expenses and any other services to the members. A bank account in the name of the Association will then be opened. Cheques are normally signed by two or three committee members, the Chairman, Treasurer and/or Secretary. (We are seeking advice from a professional accountant/auditor to keep a check on the accounts. Send me PM if you are interested. ) Those present at the first meeting will be asked to pay their subscription fee at the meeting so that the Association can get going. Subscription will be accounted for as a professional expense to be claimed from the income tax.
4. 19: 20 Outline of the proposed future activities of the Committee, i.e. Meetings, social events, newsletter, publicity, list of Guides, lectures, outings, etc.
(The members of the Committee do not usually get paid for their work, but their expenses are reimbursed.)
5. 19: 40 Any other suggestions for the future activities of the Association.